Rancocas Pathways, the Offical Applicant of the Rancocas Creek National Water Trail, nomination Website Undergoes Regular Development
PineBarrensNon-TidalCanoe and Kayak Liverys Click here
Rancocas Pathways Inc. Offical Applicant of the RCNWT nomination
Rancocas Pathways, a 501c3 organization dedicated 2 enhanced multi-use public access n promotes the nomination of a Rancocas Ceek National Water Trail through fun, recreation, stewardship, exercise, conservation and education.
Residential and commercial development projects in natural floodplains remove or reduce water storage capacity, stuff
and often cause flooding both up and downstream.
controlling stormwater, in an effort to keep it out of the floodplain, pills
causes the water to overflow riverbanks in other locations. This often
creates floods of greater magnitude and danger. Building on floodplains
increases the risk of property damage and life-threatening conditions.
Diverting stormwater into channels forces the water to flow faster, look and this both erodes topsoil and destroys habitats.
In addition to building construction, several other activities contribute to an increase in flooding.
• Removal of stabilizing vegetation along stream and river banks
• Structures that deflect or inhibit the flow of floodwaters
• Structures (e.g. bridges, culverts) that encroach on the floodplain and reduce water storage
• Drainage systems that conduct stormwater too quickly into receiving rivers and lakes
• Backfilling and dumping debris that interfere with the movement of floodwater
• Impervious surfaces (pavements) that prevent the soaking, seepage, and storage of rainfall.
Rancocas Pathways is a 501(c)(3) organization as determined by the IRS. As such, donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed. Check with your accountant if you have questions. For information related to the Unit and its tax status, including the determination letter and Form 990s, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org